Good Health and Well-Being
CSD aims to improve the availability, affordability, accessibility, and quality of health care services in low- and middle-income countries by:
- developing low-cost solutions and health care implementation models;
- conducting implementation research to promote effective adaptation, application, and scale up of health solutions to “real world” settings;
- advising national, district, and local governments on health policy and health systems strengthening; and
- building capacity of communities and institutions to advance public health initiatives.
- The One Million Community Health Workers (1mCHW) Campaign is bridging the gap to universal health coverage in sub-Saharan Africa by helping governments strengthen community-based health systems.
- Dr. Safaa Suliman’s work with the Oral Health and Hygiene Project has contributed to the establishment of an oral health task force in the Ethiopian Ministry of Health.
- The Tropical Laboratory Initiative is bringing laboratory and diagnostic services to low-resource, rural communities to ensure timely and appropriate treatment and to build capacity of health systems to respond to emergencies.